Tenant Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I rent from your company?
- How do I apply to rent?
- Will I sign a lease?
- Where/How do I pay my rent?
- Am I responsible for the yard?
- Who pays the utilities?
- What do I need to submit with application?
- How do I set up my online payment account?
- Useful tips for our tenants
We are a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous property management company. We work very hard to provide the highest quality resident services you'll ever experience.
- We use professional vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc) to ensure that your unit is in good condition. We inspect the work performed to ensure that everything is ready before you move in.
- We are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency maintenance repairs.
- We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental.
- All deposits that are retained by us are kept in a FDIC insured bank.
- When you sign your lease, you have a meeting with your property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease.
- All our property managers are licensed real estate professionals according to state requirements.
- Online payment and workorder submission.
Here is an important distinction between Ashford Management Services and many of its competitors. Ashford does not charge ANY ancillary fees to the tenant. You pay an application fee to apply and that’s it. Many of our competitors have chosen to insert administrative and other costs/fees into the lease requiring you to pay over and above the rental rate and basic sales tax. Ashford does not engage in these gauging tactics.
Check out our qualifying criteria to get an idea if you qualify, Our rental process, then complete our application form and submit it to us along with the application fee for the home you want. We'll process it and let you know the results.
Please don't apply without speaking to a property managment specialist first. Application fees are non-refundable.
Yes, for most of our properties you will sign a 12 month lease that covers our responsibilities to each other throughout our tenancy. We will go over each part of the lease to ensure you understand it. After your application is accepted, your deposit is received, and your lease is signed, we'll hand you the keys to your home! Please note we require all tenants to carry renters insurance for the term of thier occupancy.
To make your rental payment you can go to our tenant link and select "pay online", follow the instructions provided to you in your new tenant packet or the link below.
Instructions can be download by selecting the link for your convenience. https://www.paylease.com/registration?vpw=1536
Should you prefer to mail your rental payment checks and money orders will be accepted mailed to the following address:
Ashford Mgmt Services
PO Box 93156
Phoenix, AZ 85070
Some owners do provide landscaping services, but the majority of rentals do require the tenant to maintain the landscaping to be weed free and grass mowed. Typically tall trees and sprinkler systems are maintained by the owner with the exception of sprinkler heads, which are usually the responsibility of the tenant.
There are some properties, usually condos or townhomes where certain utilities may be included. Usually the listing will specify this. The majority of rentals, especially single family homes, require the tenant to put the electric, gas (if applicable), and water/sewer/trash in the tenant's name by the day you take possession of the property. You may need to provide a copy of your lease and/or a deposit to the utility companies to establish service. We have included a link to many of the utility companies for your convenience.
- One completed application per adult
- Application fee per applicant
- Legible copy of state issued id card (driv lic, state id, or valid passport)
- Last 3 pay stubs or if self-employed, earnings statements for previous 6 month
Click this link for step by step instructions to set up you online rental payment account.
Click here for tips and tricks.